Hello,

I was using Mach3 up until this past week when a couple really bad storms
passed
through and killed the pc running Mach3. I had already started building an EMC2
pc because I was really tired of trying to work "around" windows. So I
installed
EMC 2.4(?) on ubuntu 8.04 that I had already burned to cd, the PC is nothing
special, an old p3-600mhz with 384mb of memory, a built in Parallel-port as
port
1, an old ATI 3D rage AGP video card, and a -really- old ( but very reliable )
winbond parallel card as port 0. The drivers are xylotex.

To test it out I just used a .tap i had on a usb drive, it was a 14MB surfacing
routine written line-by-line that took about 30 hours of work just to get
running correctly on Mach3. EMC2 -really- impressed me, it had no problems with
the gcode, and because it was about 100% smoother with the steppers, I was able
to run 40ipm and complete the part in about 6 hours whereas it took me about 70
on Mach3.

Anyway, I have read that EMC2 adheres really closely to the original NIST
rs274ngc standard, so I would like to take advantage of subroutines so my files
aren't so large ( and time consuming). I thought using O, O1, O2, etc I could
specify subroutines, but EMC2 is reporting that it does not recognize the
control after the O. Could someone post an example of using O correctly? or
correct me if O is not how subs are implemented?

Thank you

Rudy