I am in the process of converting my 1978 Hitachi Seiki CNC lathe to EMC.
It currently has a 7.5 KW dc motor that used to be powered by FUJI SCR
drive.  My first problem my house does not have 3 phase power.  I am having
to work around this issue with my whole retrofit.  I wish to convert this to
a 3 phase AC spindle.  What VFD's are people having success with as a
spindle drive with single phase power?  Is it realistic to have a 10 hp 3
phase spindle on single phase power?  or will I have to go with a spindle
motor closer to around 7.5hp instead?  What is everyone's input on this?

Clint Washburn

database 5934 (20110307) __________

http://www.eset.com