I'm designing a real-time hal component to control a Dana Summit tool
changer, and there are a couple of hardware lines from the tool changer
that feed signals back to the hal component. The lines come from relay
contacts and will need to be debounced. I'm not sure whether to do the
debouncing inside my hal component or to do it using the debounce hal
component that already exists.

I have no problem with the debounce logic, my question is one of pros
and cons and customs. Is it preferred to have all functions like this
contained within the one component? Or should I make my component
simpler, and have more modules loaded with a bit more complexity in the
hal signal connections? I can see advantages and disadvantages either
way. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Karl