I'm in the shop working on this right now and am wondering how to verify the
PID loop is providing feedback to each axis.  I've been using pncconf to
generate the configuration, and assumed since it allows you to set PID that
it would configure it to feedback automatically.  However, since I've been
using pncconf as a crutch, I'm not sure off-hand how to config PID feedback
is working.  I see P, I, D values in the ini file for each axis, but I am
still seeing small amounts of servo instability.

I see the instability even with the servo signal grounded.

I have followed this page:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Tuning_EMC2/HAL_PID_Loops

and verified that the output voltages are correct, but get stumped at the:

Set up PID loop add the loop and interconnect step.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Scott