From: Les Newell [mailto:les.new...@fastmail.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 2:44 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] DC Brush servo drives

I use one on my lathe which has an even bigger motor on the Z. I have
had no problems whatsoever with the drive. It works very well.

You do need to build your own power supply. This can be fairly simple,
just a large transformer feeding a rectifier and smoothing capacitors.
At this power level you do need to pay some attention to power
switching. I use a contactor to switch the transformer AC output to the
rectifier. The contactor has an auxiliary N.O contact that switches a
100W discharge resistor across the capacitors when the contactor turns
off. This discharges the capacitors quickly, making sure the machine
stops quickly even if a drive fails.

Les

On 19/08/2011 01:40, cl...@clintandheidi.com wrote:
> I have looked at the mesa's.  I have not been exposed to them.  How
tenable are they?  What kind of power supply do they use?  Do you have an
example?

database 6392 (20110819) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 6392 (20110819) __________