On 10/08/2011 11:08 PM, Bruce Klawiter wrote:

> I unhooked the Y and Z axis amps and only had the X axis plugged into the DAC
> board and when running the X axis it still had random jerks.

If you'd like to do some tests for the DAC-to-amp connection, you might
try the following. Forgive me if you've already done this.

Connect up all three amps as they have been.

Then disconnect the input of one amp from the wire going to the DAC, and
using a short piece of wire connect the amp input to its analog ground
right at the amp. Leave its output connected to the motor, and see if
you get any movement on that axis when the other axes are moved.

If not, remove the jumper and reconnect the cabling from the DAC to the
amp. Then disconnect the wire to the amp at the DAC end and short the
disconnected wire to the DAC ground at the DAC. Leave any other ground
connections in place since that may be part of the problem. Then see if
you get any movement when the other axes are moved.

Karl