On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, andy pugh wrote:

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:13:28 +0000
From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Surface-Mount

On 2 January 2012 16:01, Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com> wrote:

To add to the fun, I have back-mounted optos too..

That does add to the fun... I hope they are not back to back.

Guess what…

One hopeful point is that I made the board pads oversize, so I might
even be able to use a soldering iron.

If theres enough of a pad to see you can just use a small solderig iron tip and the solder will wick under the part (this works with TQFN type packages)

It helps to have a little extra flux

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)