On 1/2/2012 1:16 PM, gene heskett wrote:

<lots of stuff snipped>
> Maybe I'll even buy a whole new box. If I could find one of those
> compact models with a usable parport & no built in video. Is anyone
> actually selling that intel board that has been discussed here in a
> ready to go package? I'd drop the card for one of those in a
> heartbeat. Cheers, Gene

Mini-box has...

Item    Quantity        Description     Rate    Amount  Tax     Options
160GB 2.5" SATA HDD     1       160GB 2.5" SATA HDD     45.00   45.00   Yes
MEM-SO-DDR3-2GB         1       MEM-SO-DDR3-2GB         30.00   30.00   Yes
ENC-M350-PWR    1       M350 Enclosure
WITH PICOPSU-80 and 60W ADAPTER KIT     69.00   69.00   Yes
MBD-I-D525MWV   1       D525MWV Mini-ITX Motherboard    85.00   85.00   Yes
CAB-P4-POWER-MINI       1       4-Pin P4 Mini Power Cable       1.25    1.25
Yes
Subtotal        230.25

Shipping Cost (UPSGR)   13.22

Total   $243.47

I just ordered another one of these -- although the disk price has
increased slightly, it is still around $250.

That will be the third such machine I have. It does have built-in video,
but you don't have to use it. It's a nice little package that runs
without a fan. Don't forget to order the power cable that is needed to
connect the power supply to the motherboard. (I forgot to do this on my
first order and got an email telling me that it was needed.)

You DO have to assemble it yourself, but that's pretty easy.

NOTE -- I am not running EMC on this -- But I am running my phone system
on one.

Regards,

Ken