I am not fond of the LinuxCNC name. I like Andy Pugh have had fond hopes of
someday getting "EMC2" to run on MacOS (unix instead of Linux).

It seems to me unlikely that the trademark for "EMC" should have ever been
granted absent a qualification based on font expression, color etc.

However, "coulda, shoulda, and woulda" aside, Linux is free and runs on lots of
hardware, MacOS is not free and runs on relatively expensive hardware. I have
come to enjoy working with my Linux boxes and I definitely like the LinuxCNC
software. Maybe we should get over the unfairness of the problem and drive on
with making LinuxCNC the best CNC controller software on the planet (assuming
that it isn't already that???).

I used to practice law and my general opinion is that lawsuits generally
benefit no-one but the lawyers (win or lose). That is not the way that I would
choose to spend my time.

Alan
---

Alan Condit