On Fri, 20 Jan 2012, Viesturs Lācis wrote:

Hello, folks!

I would appreciate some advice or insights, what am I doing wrong.

What I want to do is to switch on and off a power to laser engraver diode.
It needs 12 VDC supply and it consumes ~1 A currrent.

Here is schematics of what I currently have:
http://picpaste.com/DSCF6164-vX7heUEq.jpg

The problem is that it is not working:
Voltmeter was showing +12 VDC on both leads, going to laser module all
the time, regardless if I had turned the output pin "true" or not.

First of all I am interested, if the scheme is actually correct.

Thanks!

Viesturs

Could you provide details about the laser

Richard