On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:02:02 AM Ed Nisley did opine:

> On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 14:56 -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > by destroying that known position as the homed flags are set.
>
> Although I *do* have home switches on the Sherline, I also inserted
>
> [TRAJ]
> NO_FORCE_HOMING = 1
>
> So it doesn't enforce the must-home-before-moving rule.
>
> Axis then starts up wherever it shut down, with the previous position in
> place, and runs just fine. It doesn't display the "homed" crosshairs,
> but that really doesn't matter.
>
> Ought to work for you...

As usual Ed, you are a lifesaver.  Thank you very much.

Now I am down to two problems with this teeny little pcb, one with the
machine at tool change time that I have a gage under construction to
alleviate that particular headache, and the I need a line or 2 of sed code
to extract all the X values from the generated code for the bottoms of the
pcb's and add 2.195, the length of the board to that X value in the file,
thereby offsetting the cutter back to where it cut the top side.  Its doing
all moves on the .bot. files in negative X from the reference point so I
have to effectively move the reference point from the left front corner of
the board, to the right front corner by sliding all X values 2.195" to the
right, which is the length of the board.

Study sed pages for a while I think unless someone has a quick and not too
dirty quicky posted someplace.

Cheers, Gene
He is a man capable of turning any colour into grey.
                -- John LeCarre