On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, Viesturs L?cis wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:22:33 +0200
> From: "[UTF-8] Viesturs L?cis" <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Servo tuning - wtf?
>
> 2012/1/27 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>:
>> On 27 January 2012 19:54, Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What BLDC mode are you using?
>>> If not you may somehow have lost encoder counts, this should be checked
>>
>> Try mode "h" and comment-out the rawcounts lines, that ought to make
>> it stick in Hal-sensor mode, and then it can't lose synch.
>>

> Hmm, I used "h" mode, when I tried to set up bldc component to move
> motors properly. How is that going to help me?
> Motors move smoothly up to ~1500RPM, but my ideal target is 4000RPM.
> minimum target is 3000RPM, so I would like to find out, if there is a
> place to read about the strategy, how to tune servos from this point.
> I tried increasing/decreasing P and D parameters, but do not see
> improvement.
>
> Viesturs

This is not likely a tuning problem...

More likely that you have either run out of headroom (what is the motor
voltage vs supply voltage?) or you have a commutation problem. Commutation
problems will happen if you have encoder count errors in q, qi, or  qh mode
Of course if you have encoder count problems these need to be fixed  whatever
commutation mode you use, but using h mode will eliminate encoder count
problems as a suspect in you oscillation troubles.

Another detail that can cause strange behavior if you are close to the maximum
RPM because of voltage limits, is the maximum PWM duty cycle. This should be
limited via the PID components max_output parameter to about 95% of the PWM
components full scale value.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)