On 01.02.12 16:45, Michael Haberler wrote:

> Am 01.02.2012 um 13:36 schrieb Erik Christiansen:
>
> > On 01.02.12 11:48, Michael Haberler wrote:
> Currently I dont see a formal way to describe the interdependencies of
> several words on a block. You can do the optional parameter words in
> the language but you cant recogize the conflicts and multiple uses
> within a block that way. It would be nice to have.

I'm no gcode expert, but I've read some of the constraints in the doco,
and I'd like to try handling some of them, once this thread fizzles.
Admittedly though, it takes some extra effort.

> I'd like to see an unambiguous grammar reference.
>
> So that parser is a start in that direction. Eventually the real thing
> should actually execute that grammar, there's no point in having an
> executable doing one thing and the LinuxCNC interpreter something
> slightly different. That's not urgent though.

That's good, because it's a long way to there from here. (And even if an
Irishman might say "If I was going there, I wouldn't start from here.",
then we'll just begin with the first step, I think.)

Erik

--
Conceptual integrity in turn dictates that the design must proceed from one
mind, or from a very small number of agreeing resonant minds.