2012/2/18 Andrew <parallel.kinemat...@gmail.com>:
> 2012/2/18 Don Stanley <dstanley1...@gmail.com>
>

>> It is kind of a bother to apply power to the system, then
>> have to open the electronics cabinet and push that funny little button.
>>

> That's what I thought too.

And that is why I brought the Power button out of the PC case to be
mounted in the side of cabinet and wired the PC's AC supply separately
from the main switch of the machine.
I have a bad habit to turn off the machine switch, when the work is
done but when the PC is not yet turned off, so after several such
occasions I decided to make the PC independent from the main power
switch.
This way I also can turn on PC separately, let it load OS, maybe do
some other stuff like create/verify g-code before turning on machine
and starting LinuxCNC.

Viesturs