On 3/30/2012 3:23 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2012, at 1:12 PM, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
>
>> My new motherboard for EMC2 does not have a Parallel port on it - so I
>> bought a PCI card for it in haste. Now it seems that I bought the wrong card
>> for the job:
> Actually, perhaps I spoke too soon. On the box it states "Add a dual voltage
> high-speed parallel port (EPP/ECP) to your computer".
>
> So can anyone suggest what I might have to do to use the card with EMC2?
> Thank you!
>

> Best,
>
> Jeshua Lacock
> Founder/Engineer
> 3DTOPO Incorporated
> <http://3DTOPO.com>
> Phone: 208.462.4171

Whatever you have, it doesn't match the description in the Amazon link
you sent (a single parallel port incorporating an OX16PI952 chip).

The OX16PI954 chip reported by lspci supports 4 uarts and a parallel
port. see
http://snebulos.mit.edu/projects/voila/docs/datasheets/Oxford_QuadUART.pdf
, which says

"The OX16PCI954 is a single chip solution for PCI-based
serial and parallel expansion add-in cards. It is a dual
function PCI device, where function 0 offers four ultra-high
performance OX16C950 UARTs, and function 1 is
configurable to offer either an 8 bit Local Bus or a bidirectional
parallel port"

I don't have a clue why the parallel port doesn't show up
automagically.  Perhaps it's that last bit about configuring function 1
that's at issue, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Regards,
Kent