On Mar 30, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Kent A. Reed wrote:

> Whatever you have, it doesn't match the description in the Amazon link
> you sent (a single parallel port incorporating an OX16PI952 chip).
>
> The OX16PI954 chip reported by lspci supports 4 uarts and a parallel
> port. see
> http://snebulos.mit.edu/projects/voila/docs/datasheets/Oxford_QuadUART.pdf
> , which says

The info from that link is the same as the box I have.

But 'lspci' shows more than one entry for that card which I omitted to include:

08:00.1 Non-VGA unclassified device: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd OX16PCI954 (Quad
16950 UART) function 1 (parallel port) (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd Device 0000
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 18
        I/O ports at c050 [size=8]
        I/O ports at c040 [size=8]
        I/O ports at c000 [size=32]
        Memory at fb100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: parport_pc
        Kernel modules: parport_pc

Sorry for being dense, but based on that, what address would I use for the base
address in the stepper configuration?

0c050?

Best,

Jeshua Lacock