On Wed, 16 May 2012 10:42:22 +0100
andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 May 2012 02:40, Terry Christophersen <tcninj...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I forgot that it says  [xx.xxxxxxx] pnpbios: dev_node_info function
> > not supported [xx.xxxxxxx] pnpbios: unable to get node info
>
> Is this you:
> http://www.justanswer.com/computer/6oaeu-getting-error-when-installing-linux10-pnpbios-dev-node-info.html
>
> The advice there seems slightly flawed, the standard LiveCD
> installation runs perfectly on hundreds of D525MW boards.

Thanks for the link. I've been trying to flash the bios and think I
have an approach I can make work: to wit ... boot into dos 6.22 off the
cd and then pick up the bios flash data off a usb-stick.

Sometime in the near future I think a D525MW is the way to go.

Meanwhile, I also have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L board here. 2.6G dual
core on a larger board. Memtest86 will run on it and all 4 G of memory
is good. Still a live install stalls consistently at 42%. Video is a
GeForce 8400GS which may be the problem. It happens to be the only
pci-extended x16 video I have so it is difficult to swap out. ;-)
Hmmmm! E5300 cpu is 64 bit but so is the 510 and 525 am I missing
something?

Can anyone recommend a video card that plays well with 10.04, etc?
I'm leaning toward ATI.

BTW- I have burned two CD's of 10.04 both downloaded from the .ro
mirror. First one took about 30 min to download and the second a whole
6 min; now that was impressive! Load on the server must have been
really low.
Md5sum on both are identical and match the md5sum listed on
linuxcnc.org.

Nuff blithering for one e-mail.

Dave