On Monday, June 04, 2012 09:45:18 AM Mark Wendt did opine:

> On 06/04/2012 09:28 AM, gene heskett wrote:
> >> It's getting much harder to get 200 proof pure ethyl alcohol anymore
> >> though.  Our wondrous ATF  has regulated it so much.  I have about
> >> 1/2 pint of it sitting here at work on my shelf.
> >
> > Phillips I assume?  AKA Kentucky spring water...
>
> Nope, the label on this one sez "Ethyl Alcohol, U.S.P"
> 200 proof
> Anhydrous
> For industrial use only
> Bottled by The Warner-Graham Company in Cockeysville, MD, just down the
> road a bit from me here at work.

> >> You sure the Ace alcohol ain't denatured?  I haven't seen anything
> >> but DNA or isopropyl on their shelves in years.
> >
> > If it is, its buried in the fine print.  When I get out to the shop
> > I'll dbl check.
> >
> > Cheers Mark, Gene
>
> If we can get non-DNA, non-isopropyl alcohol from Ace, I'll stop by
> there on the way home from work today.  ;-)
>
> Mark

I'll let you know before the day is over.  It also seems to make good
shellac, but a funny thing, I needed some 4lb thinned to about a pound,
thinning it down right in the can the 4lb cut dewaxed Zinzer came in.  Left
it sitting on the end of the woodworking bench last fall.  About 6 weeks
ago the can sprung a leak, one that left no visible trail as to where it
is, can looks great, but I now have a coat of shellac I'll need to use a
gallon of that stuff to cut it back off the bench top. :(

Cheers, Gene
Do not use the blue keys on this terminal.