On Monday, June 04, 2012 02:37:59 PM Dave did opine:

> You from eastern KY?
>
> On 6/4/2012 11:40 AM, dave wrote:
> > Naturally, all of us keep a still with ground glass joints and a pound
> > of sodium around just so we can make 200 proof.;-)
>
> 170 proof alcohol is a little hard to be around, the vapor can pretty
> much knock you over if you open a hatch on a tank full of it.
>
> I really can't imagine drinking it, let alone 200 proof.
>
> Dave

Royal Navy Rum, which I think has been disco'ed, was 190 proof.  You could
still get it, and Phillips, 50 years ago.  But my personal limit is about
100 down to 80, Black Label Jack is good good stuff if you get a bottle you
can still smell the corn in.  It does vary some.

Cheers, Gene
"Earth is a great, big funhouse without the fun."
                -- Jeff Berner