andy pugh schrieb:

> You are quite right, I don't know how I got that wrong.
> Except that hecto and centi are _not_ prefixes in the SI system.

Yes they are. Hekto-, deka-, deci- and centi- (100, 10, 1/10, 1/100
rsp.) are the only ones with the decimal exponents not being multiples
of three, but just the same widely used whenever SI-units are used at
all, probably the most frequently used ones of all of them.

Example: women's clothes are measured in cm, beer barrels and all beer
production are measured in hectoliters. Want more?

Peter.