Todd Zuercher wrote:
> Trying to get this thread back on topic since it was hijacked by the metric
> system.
>
> To run one of these Keling motors how big would the motor cabling need to be?
>  Will it have to be rated for 30 amps?  That’s pretty big wire.  Or would it
> only need to be rated for the continual current?

Yes, just the continuous current should be fine.  Where are you going to
get a 30A motor drive?
> Are there any other inexpensive brushless motor options, preferably higher
> voltage/lower current?

IMTT USA has some nice 85mm motors made by Wantai.
They have a rear shaft, but it is taken up by their Hall sensor.  If you
removed that and used a 6-channel encoder, or put the encoder somewhere
else on the machine, these work fine.  They sell them for use on pumps,
but I have verified they work well in positioning applications, too.

Jon