Greetings,

I am thinking about making a laser attachment for my CNC machine with something
like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80W-CO2-Laser-Tube-Power-Supply-Engraver-Cutter-New-/150552923492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230da74d64

I am tempted to go with the 130W:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130W-CO2-Laser-Tube-Power-Supply-Engraving-Cutting-/160470882820?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255ccf5a04

I bet that might even be enough power for selective aluminum sintering.

It states that those power supplies can be controlled from a TTL PWM, so I
assume that it will be easy to control from a standard parallel port with HAL
and LinuxCNC. Is that correct?

Has anyone set up a servo or stepper drive to adjust the laser's focal point?
Seems easy enough, guess I am just wondering how to tie it into g-code.

Before I embark on this adventure, I would appreciate any advice you might
have. Thanks!

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer