Attaching the CNC workshop to an existing event like Cabin Fever does
have advantages. They already manage about 200 vendors, so handling a
few more is simple. The existing vendors are selling things like tools
and machines and metal stock, so they are very compatible with the CNC
aspect. They have forklifts, can drop power lines and have a big
compressed air system. Tormach, Little Machine Shop, PMDX, Mach already
exhibit there. Gary is a great guy to work with- he has already promised
to make us a CNC area on the exhibit floor if we want it.

The biggest problem is lack of classroom space in the same building.
There is only one medium size room that has the typical folding wall to
make it into two small rooms. There are many more buildings on the
fairgrounds, but that would add some logistic issues.

Where WCC was poor for our kind of vendors but great on classrooms,
Cabin fever will be the opposite.

Maybe we can start small with getting a few more CNC vendors to the 2013
show, and scheduling just 4 or 5 talks, and Ill run my build class. We
can talk it up on this and other CNC forums. Any volunteers to give a talk?

We also need to encourage more CNC exhibitors- an exhibitor is someone
just showing off his work, not selling anything. He pays no fee, except
the admission button ($10 for the full show).

ron ginger