Am 23.10.2012 um 10:48 schrieb Sven Wesley:

> Guys,
>
> I know, poor performance is a every-now-and-then-upcoming-debate...
> I had pretty good performance with my old servo drives and Ubuntu 8. I
> upgraded to better (more secure) and faster drives and the speed was
> marvelous. And then I upgraded to Ubuntu 10 and lost 30 % speed. If I push
> the values higher I get RTAI errors.
> I'm not using the latest drop, and I think that's not the issue. I would
> like to keep Axis, I like it. I really not want to step back to Ubuntu 8...
>
> Anyone with a good speed up suggestion?
> Should I go Debian?
> Turn the graphic into monochrome?..

the guys wont be able to tell with the level of detail you gave, because the
crystal ball is dark today

Please post a configuration, describe the hardware, and explain changing which
values get you exactly which "RTAI errors" - since you talk about a servo
configuration which has actually moderate requirements if it only requires a
servo thread, I do not see yet how an OS version change should make much
difference here.

without that information you can expect only random guesswork in response.

- Michael