2012/10/25 Kent A. Reed <kentallanr...@gmail.com>

> ...[snip]...

With this in mind (and you did mentioned graphics first), have you tried
> my favorite trick and run your LinuxCNC host in headless mode, using
> another computer to provide X services? A quick test would confirm if
> you are being undone by your host's graphics subsystem.
>
> Regards,
> Kent

Unfortunately the graphics card didn't like me playing around with the
drivers and it got really hot. I replaced it with a dirt cheap card just to
get the PC back up again.
Did a remote X session test five minutes ago.
ssh -X connection from my CAM workstation, played Youtube videos,
downloaded LinuxCNC, copied files locally in Nautilus.
Latency maxed out at 10 200 ns. Performance increase 55 %.
I'm starting to believe that Torvalds' Nvidia ranting is justified...

/S