On 6 November 2012 13:31, Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The IJK values from the start point to the radius center point would also
> allow calculation of the normal vector.
> Using the IJK (ie: G02(3) X Y Z I J K) to determine the 3D space location
> of the center point would then determine the normal vector for
> interpolation motion

I think this works as long as you assume less than 180 degrees of arc
and have identical behaviour for G2 and G3.
I don't see how you can derive the normal vector from three points to
give G2 and G3 a meaning.

You would have to raise an error in cases where the three points lie on a line.

G16 appears to be available for setting this mode, and even makes
sense as the "zeroth member" of the set.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.