From: Jeff Johnson [mailto:john...@superiorroll.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:56 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-users] Ideal Tool Table

I believe we have to start with the ISO standards what ever they might be.
Being a commercial operation I can move from control to control and the tool
data both geometry and wear offsets is handled very similar from control to
control (different brands). I think the major differences come into play on
the conversational side. Having programmed Cincinnati, Fanuc and Fagor it is
my belief that the tool is still described to a pocket or a tool number. I
do know that you can call a similar tool from a different pocket in case of
tool breakage and or wear. Using Cam for 99.9 percent of our programming the
tool is described to the cam system not the machine. In a shop that uses
conversational more I can see where the ability to describe tools to the
control would be better but I still believe that is driven by pocket
numbers. Mazak conversational has the ability to look at the tool
description and find that tool but I have never actually used their control.

Jeff L Johnson

Superior Roll & Turning

Superiorroll.com

734-279-1831