Greets -
Is there a better explanation of the interaction of the ACCEL and
VELOCITY settings for Axis in its' INI file? We've been working on a
Puma arm which we used to have running on Copley amps in Torque mode
(and a MESA card performing PWM angle output), but have moved it over to
Gecko 320x amps using step/dir inputs. We're (obviously) using Pumakins
instead of trivkins. The observation is that changing between joint and
teleop (world-xyz) modes, the jog velocities are quite different
(approximately by an order of magnitude). I would have expected that in
joint mode, the _ANGULAR_VELOCITY group in the ini file[Display] section
would affect this (since the axes are defined as type Angular), however
it does not. Changing _LINEAR_VELOCITY affects both joint and teleop. As
noted, in joint mode the jogging barely makes the machine move, while in
teleop, it's about 10 times faster. That's a problem to merely "bump up
the velocities", as at 10x those values, the machine has problems
keeping up, and faults due to following errors, so it's more prudent to
keep the slider values within the correct limits. In the [Display]
section, the _LINEAR_VELOCITY variables change the view of the Jog
slider as intended, but it appears that the Max Velocity slider (located
below it) is calculated as a function of all the [AXIS] velocity
variables? Or is it derived from another hidden variable? (With the
settings below, it indicated 30,000 mm/min) Is this difference
potentially just a function of the Kins module?

I'm running 10.04 current stable (from LiveCD install). Relevant INI
snippets below:

[DISPLAY]
#+ Highest value that will be allowed for feed override, 1.0 = 100%
MAX_FEED_OVERRIDE =     4.0
DEFAULT_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.25
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.5
DEFAULT_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 1.25
MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 1.5

[TRAJ]
#+ machine specific settings
AXES =                  3
# COORDINATES =         X Y Z
COORDINATES =           X Y Z
HOME =             0 0 0
LINEAR_UNITS =          mm
ANGULAR_UNITS =         deg
CYCLE_TIME =            0.010
DEFAULT_VELOCITY =      60.0
MAX_VELOCITY =          250.0
DEFAULT_ACCELERATION =  60.0
MAX_ACCELERATION =      150.0

#+ First axis
[AXIS_0]
TYPE =                          ANGULAR
HOME =                          0.000
MAX_VELOCITY =                  300.0
MAX_ACCELERATION =              50.0
BACKLASH =                      0.000
INPUT_SCALE =                   1.000
OUTPUT_SCALE =                  1.000
MIN_LIMIT =                     -180.0
MAX_LIMIT =                     180.0
FERROR =                        2.000
MIN_FERROR =                    1.200
HOME_OFFSET =                   0.0
HOME_SEARCH_VEL =               0.0
HOME_LATCH_VEL =                0.0
HOME_USE_INDEX =                NO
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =            NO
HOME_SEQUENCE =                 0

// Axis 1 & 2 are practical duplicates of above.....

Thanks,

Ted.