On Friday 11 January 2013 19:57:40 andy pugh did opine:
Message additions Copyright Friday 11 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> On 12 January 2013 00:23, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Unforch, it doesn't appear they want any business from my side of the
> > pond, no links to individual products at all, and a very limited web
> > page, looks like a line card from a distributer for me.
>
> Quite likely. DQR just happened to be the ones who would take an order
> from me.
>
> > And, while those are better prices, one would need one on each side of
> > the nut, which puts that at about the same as the cost of the screw.
>
> FWIW my lathe has been running with a bare screw for a few years now,
> with no problems so far.
> The ballnut does have rubber inserts though, to keep out most of the
> mess.

If I hear from the seller, which I should, I have an unanswered message in
his inbox, I will ask if he has those for the nuts, its another trail to
explore.  Even those would probably outlast me & AFAIAC, I'm not done yet.
:)

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene
My views
We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.
                -- John Naisbitt, Megatrends
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...