On 03/05/2013 02:48 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:

> Is that diameter variation with depth, and if it's due to constant
> mark/space ratio, are you adjusting the timing ratio of the one-shots to
> achieve compensation?

Erik, hello,

  Basically, yes :)

  The depth and diameter is governed by the joules expended per discharge,

  A fixed on time does not account for the pulse to pulse
variation in ionization time ( how long it takes current flow to
begin after voltage is applied).

  So I do not decrement the desired on time value until the current
begins to flow.

  This makes the joules per discharge equal, and in turn, makes the
craters equal.

  Instead of a repetitive pulser or PWM, I use one shots triggered
by a detector.

Tomp
tjtr33