I use to work with VirtualBox in my Linux workstation to run Windows XP
without problems. I had no tried to work with high demanding graphics
applications but I think that they must work fine, (may be little slow).
The old versions of Rinho work without problems in my virtual machine.

Also I'm running some linuxCNC installs in VirtualBox.

Regards,

Luis Bellot