On 26 March 2013 00:48, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now I'm thinking it needs a semi-active tension system using a computer
> controlled 3rd motor but with a spring so it doesn't have to be super precise

You could just run a DC or brushless motor at a constant current on
the third drum, and simply not worry about its position.

But if you are going to have the third motor, and its controller, than
making it an active part of the system is only software, so free.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.