On 03/27/2013 10:43 PM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>    If I am wanting to remove the servo tuning from a velocity loop would I
> be able to jumper the +/- 10 volts to the tach feedback into the drive and
> to the speed request into the drive.
> Would this cause the drive to not respond?
> Would this cause the drive the immediately output the full requested
> current to the motor?
> thanks
> Stuart

you make the system very happy:)

there's no error for the amp to work with, only the commanded voltage
which is now the tacho out.

in op-am terms, you took the whatdoyouhave and plugged it into the
whatdoyouwant

eliminating all error

so its kind of a catch 22,
i'd say you get nothing out if you start with no velocity

and keep the velocity if it wasnt 0 ( hard to do , you have to be
infinitely quick with the jumpers)

my2c
tomp

if you know the HitchikersGuide, this is what they did to the robot 'colin'