On 4/4/2013 9:02 AM, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
> There was a site that showed using the boards and motors from a pair of
> floppy drives to build a robot, but it vanished.

Google returns plenty of hits on the search phrase "floppy stepper robot".

If you remember the URL of the vanished site (and you don't see
something substantially similar  in the Google list), you could look for
it on the Wayback Machine at archive.org. Over the years this site has
become indispensable to me as technical folks abandon their websites for
whatever reason. Not everything gets archived but the Wayback Machine is
always my first stop after looking for cached pages on Google.

Regards,
Kent