--- On Tue, 4/9/13, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
<clip>
> It has been discussed many times on this list that there is
> only one or two
> pci-to-parport cards out there that do actually work in EPP
> mode. All the
> others do so only in theory and docs, not in reality.

It's almost enough to make me miss the days of ISA and VESA Local Bus multi-IO
boards with 20+ jumpers to set all the ports' addresses, speeds and other
functions.

Set the jumpers, it's gonna frigging *work*. Well, unless the OS was Windows 95
or 95a. That one had a nasty habit of just applying whatever IRQ's and memory
addresses it felt like then claiming it was the hardware's fault for not being
able to work. Beating Win 95 into submission was a daily chore for me back then.