On Tuesday 16 April 2013 19:05:57 andy pugh did opine:

> On 16 April 2013 10:49, propcoder <marius.alks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > electronics (power, drivers, custom electronics with documentation and
> > all datasheets, cabling, signals, computer,..)
>
> I don't do anything for anyone other than myself, but I would be lost
> without the wiring details. (and it really needs to be down to the
> level of pin numbers in every connector, and the wire colours between
> them)
>
> It would be nice to be able to generate a nice HAL diagram, and there
> have been various ways to do that suggested, but I am not sure any
> have been shown to work properly.

There was a thingy that I assume worked, I installed it last fall, but it
had one fatal flaw.  It tried to make the whole diagram fit on a single
sheet of paper, when, in order to have been able to read it with a
magnifying glass, it would have had to be done in multi-page poster style
that would have likely used 54 to 100+ sheets of paper to be taped together
before the text in one of the teeny little logic boxes would have been big
enough to read.

It could have been quite valuable as a troubleshooting tool had it rendered
to a pdf that we could then have grabbed the sliders to move the screen
view to anyplace in it.  I tried to blow it up myself, but it rendered in
postscripts default 72 dpi, so it wasn't readable at any scale for the
diagram generated for my lathes, .hal files.

I looked at the code to see if I could figure out how to fix it, but I
wasn't familiar enough with the language to understand it, let alone
troubleshoot it.

Today, I don't even recall the name of it.  Sorry.  The mailing list
archive for last fall might contain a reference, as it is this list that
made me aware of it in the first place.

Looking on the lathes box, I find a ~/gene/src/RockHopper directory that
looks like one of those usual suspects, was that it?

Cheers, Gene
My views
BOFH excuse #319:

Your computer hasn't been returning all the bits it gets from the Internet.
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.