On 10 May 2013 03:28, Norton Allen <al...@huarp.harvard.edu> wrote:
> In this remote configuration, at the moment I do not have access to the
> graphical display. Is there a way to alter the configuration so I can
> start up from the command line without a GUI interface?

You can, but it might not help.

You can define the "GUI" to be halui in the INI file. Then the halui
pins are the only user interface.
You can control the system this way, but it isn't very convenient.

Considering that you almost certainly have halui loaded anyway, you
don't gain much by not having the graphical GUI.

If you can ssh into the remote box then you can just halcmd unlinkp
axis.N.max-limit-in (or whatever that pin is called) then halcmd setp
axis.N.home

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.