On 10.07.13 15:13, Shannon Watson wrote:
> I can just reply and it knows what i am replying to? On a forum I know what i
> am replying to.

Shannon, if you were to use a threaded mail client, then you would see
each mail thread (posts with common subject line, or chained by the
and where the thread branches as someone's reply triggers a bunch of
replies in turn. It even shows when someone hijacks a thread, i.e.
replies to a post in the thread, but changes the subject and begins a
new thread, but forgets to delete the In-Reply-To: header, leaving the
new post nailed to the old thread.

Erik
(Who uses mutt, so you know in advance that his beard is greying.)

--
There are two kinds of fool. One says, "This is old, and therefore good."
And one says, "This is new, and therefore better"