Please note that I don't come from a machining background, but from a
laboratory.  Wrapping could be a good idea.  We had a shipment travel
cross-country that was covered and tarped.  Looked like it went through the
Mississippi River instead of over it...not fun to see on a device worth
$700,000.

A better question could be which rigging/shipping companies to avoid.

my $0.02,
Wesley