On 9/28/2013 5:43 AM, Erik Friesen wrote:
> The current resin I use has a 50 second gel time.  Its a little like flying
> rc, if it gets ahead of you you are in trouble.
>
> I wonder if a person could make a inlet control valve with a piece of
> tubing and clamp, or special clamp?  Something that would take about 15 psi
> forward pressure to open the clamp.

With the mold in vacuum? Could work if you mix exactly the amount of
resin to just fill the mold and can shut the valve at just the right
time. The vacuum would pull the resin in and should fully fill the mold
but you'd have to be careful so it wouldn't suck it all out the vents in
the mold.

Using the ~14.5 PSI surface pressure of the atmosphere to push the resin
in, you shouldn't need very much vacuum. Too much pressure difference
and it might simply blow the resin through the mold. Don't want resin in
your vacuum pump!

Experimenting with one of those cheap compressed air powered venturi
types could be a good idea so you don't chance ruining a rotary vane pump.

I'd try a couple of ways. Just vacuuming the resin in and vacuuming it
in followed by applying pressure.