Am 11.10.2013 um 23:32 schrieb Frank Tkalcevic <fr...@franksworkshop.com.au>:

>> First, is there a way to remotely control LinuxCNC and get feedback from
> it to my UI?
>
> As you said, there is linuxcncrsh.  I use it to monitor the status of my
> machines (C# windows app).
>
> Also, linuxcnc uses NML for interprocess communication.  This is supposed to
> work between machines just by setting up the correct linuxcnc.nml file, but
> I've never tried it.  Theoretically, you can move the gui to another machine
> just by changing this setting, but unfortunately most gui apps require
> access to the local configuration files.

the showstopper really is that many GUIs require HAL access, and that implies
'GUI must run on same CPU as realtime' because it HAL access requires shared
memory with the realtime environment

meaning: you could get NML to work remotely, or replicate ini files, but it
wont help with most GUI's

- Michael