On 10/30/2013 05:11 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I downloaded, extracted, configured and maked it. Now what, I cant get
>> any further than that. I like the idea and want to test it but you are
>> going to have to give some small bit of guidance as to how we get to use
>> it please.
> Needs an installer script written, so I ran it in place from the cli.

Well, it uses standard automake/autoconf tools and thus has "make
install" ;-)

No, you are right, it has a lot of rough edges. I wrote the announcement
mail to the list to get early feedback. You know, publish early, publish
often. It should improve over time.

> I ran it on the two test files, with cutter.gcmc being able to be executed
> on my mill, but arccw.test.gcmc failed.  Good sized radius error at end of
> the arc according to linuxcnc.

I added the arc-code this morning. However, the testfile just lacks a
feedrate() line above the arc_cw() call according to my dry-test-run
(also on 2.5.3).

A file containing the following should work fine:
feedrate(100);
arc_cw([10, 10, 10], 10, 3);

> I think we need some docs too.

Agree...

As stated, I just started writing this code and  it just grew as I was
going along. The text-file doc about the grammar/functions was just a
feable start to get something written down.

> But the .ngc file it generated for cutter.gcmc as a demo was
> impressive, actually generating more ncg code than I expected. No
> clue what it is, but it ran to completion in LCNC-2.5.3 as of
> yesterdays pull.

It is a plate to be pressed onto a PCB (aligned with the components on
it). Most of it is touch-off for drill-holes. However, it is why I
wanted the mil/mm conversions in the first place.

It generates quite a bit of G-code because it traces paths that I set
up. I do not think that it is too much though ;-)

> So I think we have the makings of another very useful tool once we have
> some instructive docs.

I certainly hope so.

--
Greetings Bertho