On 10/30/2013 06:47 AM, Bertho Stultiens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Every time I had to write a CNC-mill program using G-codes I got annoyed
> by the archaic format and syntax. Especially when needing to convert
> positional data from mil to mm, having recurring patterns and then also
> trying to keep track of everything.
>
> I looked for a meta compiler or generic pre-processor, but could not
> find anything that satisfied me. Being able to program should be "easy".
>
>...  SNIP
>
> If you have any comments you are welcome to provide feedback.

Bertho,
Hello, great idea & great work!
  maybe of use:
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AptProgrammingForEMC
look at the screenshots of the generic path description.
This is high level and abstracted. The output is filtered
according to machine style ( horiz, vertical, special kins,
special variant of gcode )
The existing work done may be of help to you and to the communuty.
I gave working live cd images of Apt360 PostP and the sketch util
for Ubuntu 6.06 to KimK at the Witchita Fest. I think Matt S also has
them. I dont have a way to post such a large file set.
( probs with one lib forced me to regress to 6.06 )
hth
TomP tjtr33