On 11/01/2013 11:40 PM, Tony Zampini wrote:
> I've been following this thread, and I'm very intrigued by your program -
> gcmc.
> What would it take to get gcmc to run in the Windows environment? For
>  example, a windows console application?

Gcmc has no external library dependency, so it should be fairly painless.

I just did a cross-compile on my Linux-box with mingw, resulting in the
following windows executable:
http://www.vagrearg.org/gcmc/gcmc.zip

SHA1 sum:
6e375d1ff8dd77cdd7c66a8e4d6002c98a381e5a  gcmc/gcmc.zip

SHA256 sum:
932baab00e6fef9844634c69e0e29b78c09fb067a4b1b6a3928c734b245a7304
gcmc/gcmc.zip

If you have mingw+msys installed (and git) then you should be able to
compile locally.

Alternatively, if you have cygwin installed with git, then you should be
able to do it too.

If you decide to hack the parser or lexer, then you will need bison and
flex installed too.

Commands needed to compile:
$ git clone https://git.gitorious.org/gcmc/gcmc.git
$ cd gcmc
$ ./configure
$ make
$ src/gcmc -o outfile.ngc inputfile.gcmc

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)