Am 14.11.2013 um 16:03 schrieb Maximiliano Fermín Córdoba
<m.f.cordoba...@gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I´ve made another test, setting feedrate at 5000 mm/min, in my case should

-----------------------------------^^^^^^^^^ you are obviously running a G-code
program then?

> give me a 41,6khz step rate,, but when I  measured it whit the scope, I´m
> seeing a lot of jitter in the steps.
>
> I´ve seen a picture of the performance of the PRU with perfect results at
> 40000 hz, so I thought I should point this out.

what are you trying to find out?

if you want to find out about the PRU stepgen signal quality, then you should
set it up with HAL to run at fixed speed

if you are testing via a G-code program, this means jitter by the operating
system modulates the commanded position of motion and hence the input of
stepgen, in which case you are looking at motion signal quality, not stepgen
performance

- Michael