If it meets your needs then you have succeeded. :-)

I have put AC servos on Induction Hardening machines before.   The
machine you are using may be similar to the one I automated.   The
shaft/camshaft moves vertically through an energized induction coil and
is sprayed with water to create harden the surface. I put a high dollar
Parker servo on one years ago and the drive went crazy  when the
induction coils were energized.    We tried everything and ended up
putting in a much cheaper AC servo drive and the problems went away.
:-)    The induction coils induce voltage into everything that is near
the them, including cables, motors, etc.  The machine frame "ground"
varies in potential along the machine frame.

If you have a similar machine, then .3-.4 mm of error is quite acceptable.

Dave