By the way. Now the machine has a 2 to 1 reduction from the motor to the
screw and it's made with spur gears. The one on the motor and the one on
the screw are made of steel but they are related using a middle gear made
out of plastic (it's white I don't know it it's delrin or nylon, buy it has
almost no backlash). I think if may be synchronous belts and pulleys were
used the vibration would be a lot less. Off course it would have to be a
really good and robust belt.

--
*Leonardo Marsaglia*.