On 13 December 2013 19:14, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

>> My homing uses resolver index. The problem is that I get following
>> errors even when MIN_FERROR is 60 degrees. And I see that resolver
>> position feedback signal makes a step when homing.
>
> Yikes.  I know little to zip about resolvers, only that if its lying to
> you, I would call it a resolver problem and would be all over the maker
> asking for a solution from them until it was proven that it was indeed my
> setup generating the error.

If there is a problem there then it is a problem of my creation, as I
wrote the resolver driver for the 7i49.

Resolvers don't have an index, but I have pretended that they do
because LinuxCNC is used to seeing index behaviour with encoders.

The thing is that LinuxCNC should be used to seeing an enormous step
at encoder index during homing, and should know how to ignore it.
I use resolvers, homing to index, on my own machine, and there are no
issues with f-error during homing.

Are you allowing LinuxCNC to control the resolver.N.index-enable pins,
or are you doing something clever in HAL?

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.