> From: chrisinnana...@hotmail.com
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:37:30 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Machinekit Gui
>

> > The other Gui's like gscreen are just to cpu intensive for the BBB.Even
> > after turning liveplot off.
>
> What skin versions did you try?
> gaxis should be the least intensive particularly if you remove the live plot.
> (see my other email)
>
> If you tried Gmoccapy without live plot, i am pretty sure it just hides it,
> which is not the same as removing it.
>
> There is also a possibility that a second screen was loaded but not displayed
> and this screen has a live plot on it as well so would slow things down.
> I believe the sample configs always load this second screen... I should check.
>
> Chris M

So I did check and yes the second screen seems to always be loaded.
on my laptop, using gaxis as is , CPU usage was 20-24 %
I removed the second screen then it was 12-20%
I removed the second screen and the live plot  it was 0-4% (mostly 0)

I will need to push a proper fix for the second screen loading.
I could add a sample Gaxis without a liveplot if you are interested.
(please look at Gaxis to see if it close to what you like - it's AXIS like)

Chris M