Hi all,

I just upgraded my linuxcnc from 2.4 with parallel port software
stepper, to 2.5 and a mesa 5i25 with prob_rfx2 firmware. I set it up
quite easily using the pncconf .xml "firmware" found here
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.user/33697

great job with this pncconf, it is quite nice. Performance with the mesa
board is incomparably better than software stepping.

I started looking around for some cnc pendant.
I am wondering if anybody has tried to configure one of these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Wireless-USB-MPG-Pendant-Handwheel-Mach3-For-CNC-Mac-Mach-3-4-axis-Controller/1004816998.html

usb, probably HID, so hal_input might work. For the display part however
I have no idea what could be done.
If the pendant does not appear as some standard usb device, I thought
the best approach would be to write a new display, similar to linuxcnclcd.

Alternatively, I am pretty sure this type
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-CNC-4-Axis-MPG-Pendant-Handwheel-Emergency-stop-for-Siemens-FAGOR/1594520156.html

would be easy to integrate as it appears as just a bunch of switches and
quadrature encoder, I think.

Any comments, experience with those ? I have not found much about
anybody using them on linuxcnc, so I wonder if I am just breaking new
ground, or they are such crap that nobody uses them

Bruno